Monday, February 11, 2008

A year older today but …..wiser?























Yes! Today marks the day when I was born. And 49 it is! But then, if calculated using the Muslim calendar, my age would have been more than a century…(51 to be exact!)

How much more years are there left? Thinking about it makes me shudder… Then I realized that my time life is drawing near. I should fill it with planting and sowing more seeds…Insha Allah..

Earlier in the day, after fajar prayers, my beloved husband presented me with a book entitled “Book of Unforgettable Journeys” – Great Writers on Great Places, published by Penguin Books. Year – 2007. Very recent indeed! Sounds magical too! Can’t wait to put my hands around it and feast on it with my eyes and soul…maybe tonight…

A small message appeared on my mobile phone. From my daughter…inscribed, “Happy 49th. birthday to a great Mum and Neena. May Allah bless you always. Thank you for all the support and understanding..Loves: Nusaybah, Khalil and little Insyirah.”

My eyes are starting to swell already...

I also recalled the email I received from my son (Anas bin Mohd. Sofian) who is still zealously immersed in his studies at Manchester. A sweet poem was what he sent. And so befitting its title too…(since it was written in the Malay Language, maybe it would sound a bit off the tune…but still, I would like to share it with you…) Here it is...

Sweetness
The sweetness of a face lies in the smile,
The sweetness of character bears respect,
The sweetness of good deeds is in tandem with sincerity,
The sweetness of knowledge bears its fruits in amal (deeds),
The sweetness of doing amal is carying it out with ihsan (excellence),
The sweetness of living a life is furnishing it with iman (faith),
The sweetness of a family is fertilizing it with mawaddah (love),
The sweetness of being in a jamaah is nourishing it with ukhuwwah (brotherhood of love),
The sweetness of an ummah is sowing it with tarbiyyah (character building),
The sweetness of a daulah is being in the shade of barakah (blessings),
The sweetness of doing da’wah is encountering mehnah (tribulations),
The sweetness of Islam lies in its izzah (glory),
So Mum, may your days be filled with sweetness….
(Copyright

aNas.Manchester darul Iman..=)
)

Little did I realize that Puan Ainon Mohd (PTS_Guru) and I share the same birth date. So, I wished her a birthday day wish by sharing the poem with her, exchanging the “Mum” with “Puan” for her.

The gift of the book from my beloved husband, the greetings from my daughter and the poem form my son are fathomless gifts...which are far more valuable than all the whole riches in the world…

“Oh Allah! We are ever so grateful for these love that You have bestowed upon us…Accept our good deeds, guide us and prevent us from straying away from Your path, grant us opportunites to sow seeds of goodness and righteousness in championing Your faith, within the few more moments of our lives….Amin”

3 comments:

~Aishah Schwartz said...

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatuallahi wa Barakatuhu and Mabrook Habibti! Subhan'Allah, I see you have much more to celebrate than the blessing of having been granted 49 years of life! You have been busy book writing! Subhan'Allah! We are so lucky to have you at MWA - and I do apologize for not visiting before...and thank you for stepping out from behind the shadows so that the rest of us could bask in the warmth of the sunlight found in your blog!
Hugs for you birthday girl! (Just turned 47 myself!)
Ma'Salaama,
`Aishah

Umi Kalthum Ngah said...

Waalaikumu salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

Sister Aishah,

Thank you so much for visiting and dropping those lines..

I meant to 'step out' earlier but was a bit shy because i felt like I did not have anything so significant to say..

Please! Do come again..

And wishing you a happy 47th. birthday too, Sister Aishah..

Wasalam...

Nazhatulshima N said...

Good to see another bilingual blogger who separates the 2 languages in 2 blogs.

Of course you are getting wiser!