Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Of the same flesh and blood...












“You!” said I after greeting the class, raising my brows to a face; a face which was not in my lecture last week.

My class on the subject of Intelligent Systems at Masters level was already in its third week in the second semester.

“Who? Me!” said he, looking around, his index finger pointing to his chest.

“Yes! You!” I said again, folding my hands across my chest.

He smiled sheepishly.

“You were not here for the past two weeks! Where were you? And what is your name?” I perked my head.

“I have only just registered for this course. And my name is A*******.”

“Okay! Good! You have a lot to catch up though! You know that, don’t you?” said I, pursing my lips.

He nodded.

“Tell the class where you are from. Maybe the others would like to know?” I said, flicking through my lecture notes.

“Palestine,” he said, his voice could barely be heard.

There was a sudden quietness. All the other heads turned to his direction.

“I thought so,” said I.

“Any news from home?” I said, suddenly realizing and then regretting asking the question.

For he heaved a great sigh and shrugged his shoulders. His eyes were glistening as he dropped his face down towards the floor.

“Bro! We are with you. All of us. Our prayers and in our hearts. For Allah is with those who fight for His cause.”

“Insha Allah (God Willing)…” he muttered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hadith narrated by Imam Ahmad:

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “There shall always be a group of people within my ummat, the truth they uphold, the enemies they resist, they would resist, they will surely resist and crush the enemies. Those who wish to stop them can never do so except for some ordeal tested by Allah until the final fate from Him. So they will persist in the struggle.

Then the Prophet’s companions asked him, “Where are these people?”

He said, “They’re in Baitul Maqdis and its surroundings.”
Listen to Mu’adz Zulkefly's Nashid and video clip on this subject. Clik here or here.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allah shall be at His servants’ aid provided that the servants be at his brother’s aid – (Hadith Qudsi)

No comments: