Thursday, February 5, 2009

In the midst of fog…

There is fog everwhere….My younger brother who resides in Brighton, England informed me of the impending weather…the bitter cold…..and the failing economy.

Further down the globe, in the land of Palestine, its people are being oppressed and subjected to unimaginable cruelty and carnage.

Back here too, sometimes, some of us are subjected to unfairness in treatment…at the workplace, office politics can be very mean; the backstabbings, the backbitings, stepping on other people’s head. Being victimized by ‘the beings’ and opportunists hovering over higher authorities, who frequently never understand or never even make an effort to understand what justice means…

In our daily efforts to uphold truth and combat evil and wrongdoings, there will surely be certain quarters who will be subjected to the same kind of treatment i.e. being oppressed and victimized. The same applies to the current political turmoil in the state of Perak, my late parents' birthplace, whose hometown was Kampung Gajah, which incidentally is nearby Pasir Salak, a landmark in history as the place where with the brave spirit of a real warrior, Dato’ Maharaja Lela delivered his blow in his fight against the British colonists.

What are these sufferings that we must endure when compared to the calamities besieging our brethrens in Palestine? Theirs are much, much more….no more bounties of the world, the face of death lurks in every nook and corner. But their spirits never die, their iman (faith) soaring high up in the sky. So, let their spirits be like beacons for us. Let us fight…rekindle the spirit shown by our forefathers Haji Abu Bakar Bakir (Gunung Semanggol), Dato’ Maharaja Lela and their likes. And let us keep on fighting!

In Him we seek refuge and unto Him we pledge ourselves.

"Do people think that they will be allowed to say, 'We believe', and will not be tested? We have tested those before them, and indeed, Allah knows those who said so, and indeed, He knows who are liars." (Al Ankabut: 2-3).

And indeed, We will test you until We know those among you who struggle and are patient.” (Muhammad: 31).

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, “Three groups whose doa will be accepted by Allah: the traveler, parents and those who are oppressed.” (HR Abu Hurairah)

1 comment:

Lee said...

Hello Umi, I was at Naz's place nak check out noticed your callsign...did a U turn over here, and my mind flashed back to a beautiful Malay actress I was bonkers over...had her picture pasted in my room too...when I was in my teens, ha ha.
And her name? Similar to yours, except last name, I think.

You not by any chance her?
Love your blog and your eloquence Umi.
And re office politics...can't escape from that, everywhere.

When I became a ahemmm, big boss, my first meeting with all the managers, everybody was, "ladies and gentleman, I hate politics"!
It worked...we had more laughs than anything else. I guess it depends on the big boss.

And I had 24 branch offices, all over the country too, include Sarawak. No problemos.

I believe, with all the uncertainty and depressing news we get daily...incidentally I now just glance at the papers only...no real reading...I believe we must live our life with no excuses, and love with no regrets.

You keep well and have a nice day, Umi.
Best regards, Lee,