Thursday, July 16, 2009

In the top 30 list....









Incoming short message, “Congrats! Read in the internet that your name is amongst top 30 writers, recipients of highest royalty from PTS Publications for the year 2008!”

Jolted, my fingers promptly replied, “Really? Wasn’t aware. Thank you for the info.”

“Of course I know! I am one of your number one fans,” was the subsequent reponse.

“Thank you again for your support and words,” said I.

I received another text message of the same nature from TM Lim, Chief Editor of Malaysia Harmoni.

Congratulatory messages also came from old hostel mates of mine while at Tunku Kurshiah College, Seremban decades ago. One of them is now a diplomat in Tokyo, Japan. Also from writer friend, Mr. Hamdy and another fellow organization, Mr. Khairul Fadly.The same greetings were received as responses in my blog entry from Nurazzah8 and also Madam Siti Rafidah Hassan Basri, both I have never met face to face but we have become blogger friends. Thank you all, for your kind words.

Dr. Danial Zainal Abidin (former Head of JIM in the state of Penang during the initial years of the formation of JIM) is the topmost recipient in the list of 30 top writers. It was his efforts in writing which inspired and motivated me to make a start on this venture. 2 of my first writings were then published in the book, “Bagaimana Akhirnya Saya Bertudung” (How I First Put On The Hijab) in the year 2003.

How about my placement in the ranking? Frankly speaking, something that is not really very big to rave about…Yes! Right at the bottom-most. Actually, I have never dreamt of this and it has never crossed my mind that I could get in any rankings at all for that matter. I write simply for pleasure and for the fun of it. Mostly because, I thought that I could do something in the dissipation of the message of Islam through writings. That is all.

Alhamdulillah, praises be to the Almighty. May this motivate me to continue in these efforts.

What is interesting is that, 2 religious figures are also in the rankings.

May there be more who would be inspired to come in and join hands in this venture….Amin.

2 comments:

Azrina Kamaruddin (PhD- Lancaster University , UK) said...

Salam,

Kak Ummi, I am very impressed reading your blog and congratulations for your books. Masyallah, I envy people who could write beautifully. Kak Umi can I have your email address? I need some advise.

Thank you.

regards
rina

Umi Kalthum Ngah said...

Dear Helwa Lancaster,

Please forgive my asking....Are you Malaysian?

Thank you for the compliments...Alhamdulillah..All praises belong to Allah..

Sure! You may contact me at this email address:

umikalth@yahoo.co.uk