Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hectic but fulfilling…








Have had so many things in my mind. And had my hands full lately.

Since last year, have been chairing the ever demanding job of organizing our school’s biannual international conference RoViSP’09 (Robotics, Vision, Signal Processing and Power Applications), this time around to be held at the Awana Porto Malai, Langkawi, 19 dan 20th of December. Now is the crucial moment. Registration and payments are coming in. Sponsorship has been very poor mainly because of the economic downturn. Nevertheless, judging from the good number of participants from within Malaysia and international countries, I am thankful to You, Allah for having had the opportunity to lead a very disciplined and hardworking committee members. We hope this conference would prove to be a success as always…Insha Allah (God willing).

My two precious grandchildren and their mum (and very helpful maid) were with us at our hometown for a week. So, I had to juggle the balls very well. The fours hours of driving daily (back and forth) from Ipoh to Parit Buntar was something I had not done for quite a while as my other half was away for most of the days of the week at Putrajaya and up north in Perlis. But then, I learnt to appreciate the Greatness of Allah through His creations. The magnificent mist amid the greeneries (in the wee hours of the mornings just before and after the Menora Tunnel) and scenic mountain views of Kinta Valley at dusk, just before reaching the Jelapang toll. Plus the beautiful faces of the little ones – Ameer Ihsan and his sweet chatterbox sister Insyirah, when I arrive at my doorstep. Thank you Allah, Alhamdulillah…

It is not too late to wish a very blessed Ramadhan to all. Now is the time for sowing…to do good to ourselves as well as unto others… May Allah accept our good deeds, Amin…

No comments: