Monday, January 14, 2008

Sibling Rendezvous....




Realizing that we might only get to see my younger brother again in a year’s time, (Insya Allah), my elder sister and I decided to plan our moments of sibling rendezvous together. He will be back in Brighton, England and starting to work next month. Another brother in KL and a sister in Ipoh could not make it. So, since the three of us could, we just might as well…

These moments are very much treasured. Especially ever since the demise of both our parents. My sister and I, accompanied by our beloved husbands (minus the children). Plus a good friend of ours: G.H., who seemed more like a father to my brother (he was formerly his landlord) a very fit man (both physical and mental..might share his ‘secret’ of maintaining such good health, in future writings) well into his eighties. The Friday after awal Muharram. No lectures for me. Great! So, off we were…on our way to the sunny place associated with more than 99 islands, just up the north west coast of Malaysia….beautiful, legendary Langkawi….

No comments: