Friday, May 30, 2008

Down Memory Lane...’Toronto’ (Tronoh), Perak








“Would you be kind enough to be an external examiner for our postgraduate student?” said the voice from the other side of the line.

“What is the field of study?” said I.


”Something to do with Biomedical Engineering.”

“Certainly! Just send me a formal letter, addressed to my office, which is..” my voice trailed.

“It is quite alright Doctor. We have your address in our database!”

“Is that so? Great!”

“Thank you so much. Doctor!”

“You’re very much welcomed!”

As I put down the phone, my heart was filled with joy. My mind drifted to the bygone days. An old place full of memories…sweet and bitter…

The period of time that was less than a week given to me to scrutinize the postgraduate thesis did not deter my spirit from undertaking the task of an external examiner. I was looking forward very much to be there. To feast my eyes again to the familiar surroundings. Most of all, to meet my former mentor and academic supervisor when I was pursuing my M. Sc and then the early important years, when I was embarking on my journey of a lifetime…My Ph.D.

Those were cherished moments. Very enlightening years…How I was counting the minutes when I could be with my old professor whom I respected very much…a bighearted and kind man ... so very humble and soft-spoken…who was always ever willing to share his knowledge….to personally say a big thank you! (..to be continued…)

No comments: